Thursday, June 26, 2008

Going To Kansas City - Kansas City Here I Come

THE REASON FOR THE TRIP

Hey, Hey! This Scorpio is going to Kansas City. Back home, so to speak. Got my tickets and am all but on my way. I have 10 days to spend in KC and points south (AL and TN) visiting friends and relatives and going to the family reunion. Got kids, Grandkids, and Great Grandkids there. Son Dutch and his wife, Jan are going to TN to the reunion too, so the drive down together will be great. Do some kayaking while I'm down there, as cousin Bill has two. And if the sailfish is in working order, Dutch will probably do some sailing. Will have to check with Bill on all that. Haven't seen to KC since we had to evacuate the coast for Hurricane Rita - when was that? - three years ago? Going to do some geocaching in the Liberty area, and in the Killen, AL area (I hope), hone my skills a bit maybe. Hey, Hey - I'm on my way!

1 comment:

Jen said...

When are you coming? The kids are going to be so excited. Let me know the dates so I can make sure I am not working. We also know have an extra bedroom just for you!